Phoenix Cellular is an exciting and recently established telecoms company, founded by a team of experienced telecoms entrepreneurs focusing on the global distribution of used mobile phones. Having now traded for over three years, Phoenix Cellular already employs over 60 people, with turnover forecasted at £50 million for the current year.
Used mobile phones, are one of the fastest growing areas within the mobile phone market with annual revenues predicted to be in excess of £20bn by 2020.
Between the directors, they have worked in the mobile phone industry for over 50 years where they have an enviable track record of creating and growing start-up companies as evidenced by four separate listings in the Sunday Times Fast Track list of fastest growing companies including a 2019 entry for Phoenix Cellular in the International Track 200.
Due to the success experienced to date, and to assist with the future growth plans of the company Phoenix Cellular are looking to appoint a Finance Manager reporting directly to the board of directors.
This is a key role in the business, providing insight and oversight on all financial aspects of the business and its performance.
In addition it will involve liaising with external partners bankers, financiers and auditors as well as regulatory bodies including HMRC.
Keys areas of involvement in the business
- Heading up a finance team of three providing accounting oversight and involvement in all aspects of the financial and management accounts ensuring all financial transactions are correctly recorded.
- Reporting – Providing directors with key management information, both financial and operational statistics
- Statutory Compliance – VAT returns, payroll and year end returns (in association with the external auditors)
- Control– Ensuring and maintaining tight control on all financial accounts across various degrees of complexities including multi-currency payments, part payments, invoices and credits.
- Cash Flow reporting and forecasting
- Credit Management – Assisting in managing the overall credit policy and ensuring this is implemented with all customers remain in terms, credit insurance approvals, ensuring daily sales invoices are raised correctly
- Systems – Joined up involvement in the end to end processing of stock through the business.
- IT – Involvement with the operation of and change management related to the IT systems used.
- Fully Qualified with at least 3 years post qualification experience essential
- Proven experience in a senior financial role.
- Advanced excel skills including V Lookup and Pivot tables and experience is using these skills to analyse and manipulate large data sets.
- Experience in implementing and controlling operational processes that provide tracking and rigidity whilst still allowing the business to operate at speed and with agility.
- Experience in providing management information.
- Ability to problem solve and detect problems before they arise.
- Ability to work closely and support the different business functions from sales to operations and warehousing.
- Communication skills with both internal and external partners
- People skills – experience of management, recruitment and motivation of a diverse team as well as working in close partnership with internal colleagues
Very competitive salary
Please email your CV and any covering letter to email@example.com